Achieve more with a Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.)
Take the leap and enroll in our Ed.D. program, Leadership in Innovation and Continuous Improvement (LICI). Dedicated faculty and a curriculum focused on your goals will prepare you to be a lifelong learner and an exceptional leader in your profession. Courses are interdisciplinary and will incorporate best practices from various fields of study to broaden your knowledge.Our Doctorate of Education program has three core areas to build your skills and expertise. Select the fourth area of emphasis that matches your interests and professional goals.
- Continuous Improvement
(it's all about community)
The LICI program is centered on cohorts to encourage collaboration and innovation.
You will develop productive working relationships and personal connections
throughout your doctorate and into your professional career.
Arthur Martinez, 2022 Ed.D. Graduate
We are a unit. It’s a second layer, you have your chair, you have the professors you are working with, and then you have your cohort members. You help each other and support each other.
Danielle Point Du Jour, Current Ed.D Student
The cohort model is amazing, especially for the working professional. We have group chats, project chats, and even sometimes personal chats. I’m glad I didn’t do the journey alone.
Reach out for more LICI information
Available to answer your questions!
A look at the LICI program with students and faculty.
A flexible timeline with continuous guidance
from your chair to ensure the completion of your paper.
Courses are online.
There are two in-person residencies
on the Wisconsin campus.
You learn more about yourself, you learn more about your profession, you learn more from your coursework, and that all shapes your dissertation topic.
Who should experience our Ed.D?Any growth-minded individuals: Those interested in increasing their knowledge and capacity for leadership, innovation, and continuous improvement would benefit significantly from LICI. We've found particular interest from these fields:
- Health Professions: Those interested in teaching and learning innovative ways to improve health, lower costs, and care for patients.
- Business: Those who want to bring new skills, dispositions, and improvement science to their practice and vocations.
- Education: Those who are interested in teaching in higher education, administrative positions in technical colleges, prospective superintendents, heads of school, admissions officers, development and advancement leaders, other administrative positions, curriculum instructors, and activities and athletic directors.
Customize your Doctorate in Education
- The Leadership Core
- The Innovation and Improvement Science Core
- The Research Core
- Business Emphasis
- Education Emphasis
- Custom mixture of the two