Advance your vocation to serve those in need
In the Bachelor of Rehab Science (BSRS) program, you’ll benefit from the broad-based education that meets the prerequisites and prepares you to enter the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program. PTA's with an associates could earn a BSRS and DPT in 4.5 years.
In the DPT program, you’ll receive the in-depth training for entry-level practice of physical therapy as a generalist clinician. You’ll also explore not only the scientific underpinnings of this profession, but also the professional characteristics of a leader in health care.
- Program path designed for Physical Therapist Assistants (PTAs) to earn a BSRS and DPT degree in 4.5 years
- With this degree you will earn Bachelor of Science in Rehabilitation Science (BSRS) and apply to enter the Doctorate in Physical Therapy or another advanced degree
- Courses offered online, and on campus one weekend per month (Fridays 12pm–9pm and Saturdays 8am–5pm)
- State-of-the-art training facilities
- The program format of online/weekend allows students to finish an undergraduate degree in Rehabilitation Science that includes the prerequisites for PT
- Interdisciplinary Professional Education - ongoing collaboration between the healthcare faculty and students
- Active community partnerships including
opportunities for pro-bono clinic practice, service
learning and grant writing for program development
What To Expect
Through the BSRS program you’ll benefit from a scientific background, ethical training in medicine, and a thorough basis in the human body.
Your curriculum includes:
- advanced anatomy and physiology
- medical terminology
- human development over a lifetime
- mechanical principles that affect the human body