Find the information you need
We're here to help you discover your future
Earn Your Wisconsin Teaching License
Grow your educational career while making a difference in students' lives with a Wisconsin teaching license.
Whether you are looking to add on to your existing teaching license or to break into the world of education, Concordia has options for you at the undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, and graduate levels.
Learn to develop an age-appropriate curriculum and learning environment for students' social, physical, emotional, and cognitive development needs through Concordia University's Accelerated Program for Teacher Licensure.
Online bachelor's in education
One of the main goals of this program is to have you teaching in a classroom in three years! You will earn both your bachelor's degree & initial WI teaching license. Upon graduation, you'll be able to teach at the elementary, middle school/junior high, or high school levels.
- Approved by the WI DPI
- Fully online teacher prep program
- Accelerated 8-week courses
- 120 credits
- Eligible for Financial Aid & Uncommon Scholarships
- Student-teaching near you
Early childhood education
Our bachelor's in ECE is available in a virtual format. Classes meet weekly via zoom at a scheduled time. You will graduate and be certified to teach children birth-grade 3.
A teaching license in elementary education will prepare you to teach students cross-categorically in kindergarten through their freshman year in high school.
A degree in secondary education will license you to teach grades four through twelfth with a concentration in one of the following subject areas:
- English & Language Arts
- Social Studies
Our newly approved Cross Categorical Special Education program will give you the licensure to teach k-12 students with disabilities in inclusive learning environments or as a lead teacher in a special education classroom.
Earn your WI teaching license
If you do not yet have a WI teaching license, but you have a bachelor's degree you can take our post-baccalaureate program to earn your initial teaching license, with the option to combine your license with your master's, in one of the following subject areas:
- Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education Initial Licensures (Ages Birth - 9th Grade)
- Elementary Education Initial Licensure (4k-9th)
- Secondary Education Initial Licensure (4th-12th)
- Special Education Initial Licensure (k-12th)
Save time and money
Combining a teaching license with a master's degree has multiple benefits:
- Qualifying students may be eligible for financial aid
- Puts you into a different salary bracket
- Puts you one step closer to your doctorate or principal licensure
- Sets you apart in the field
Plus, the only difference is a practicum. So we encourage students to do both!
If you already have a WI teaching license, you can enroll to earn an add-on teaching license in one of the following areas:
- *English as a Second Language (ESL) Licensure (WI DPI #1395)
- *English as a Second Language (ESL) and Bilingual Licensure (WI DPI #1395 and #1023)
- *Gifted and Talented Licensure (WI DPI #1013 and #5013)
- Alternative Education Licensure (WI DPI #1952) - (licensure only)
- *Special Education Licensures
Add on a special education license with a master's degree
- *Cross Categorical Special Education License (WI DPI #2801)
- *Early Childhood Special Education (WI DPI #1809)
- *Visual Impairment License (WI DPI #1825)
- *Deaf or Hard of Hearing License (WI DPI #1805)
* Select licensures can be combined with a master's in education.
Why Concordia's Accelerated Program for Teacher Licensure?
Our small classes allow students to receive personal attention from faculty, who are practicing teachers and administrators in local schools.
Online & Face-to-Face
Our online format makes this program perfect for the working adult. Choose between self-paced or regularly scheduled class times.
The program utilizes a portfolio-based assessment process aligned with Wisconsin state teaching standards.
I have a bachelor's degree with a different focus but discovered at a later time in my life that working with children is my true passion. It was time to make a career path change, and I found that Concordia was the perfect fit for me and my family. Concordia allows me to become a licensed teacher while attaining my master's degree at the same time, saving me both time and money.